Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Did you hear that? Dinosaurs has to go potty again?

I never thought I would see the day where I would take a stuffed animal, de-pants them and sit them on a training potty. The time is coming where I have dreaded before I had a child of my own. Potty training. Honestly, I do not know how to start or what to do. I am WINGING IT BIG TIME!! This week we are introducing the potty a bit harder then normal by undressing his favorite stuffed animal "Dinosaurs" and sitting him on the potty. If Dinosaurs goes potty he gets a sticker. This has resulted in a few potty attempts but nothing successful at this point. I honestly believe he may be the oldest kid in diapers. My son is a bit "head-strong" and really has his own agenda in life. Definitely not easy working with someone like that and when you put three of those personalities in the house it is chaos (and that doesn't include my alpha dog). So this weekend when you are out, having a few drinks, eating a nice dinner think of me. If I am not over checking in on my father who is mending after deciding falling from a neighbor's roof is much easier of an exit then using a ladder (I can joke now because he is on the mend pending an MRI tomorrow), I will be using a lot of carpet cleaner on messes or spending much more time in the bathroom then one should allow.

No comments: