Friday, May 15, 2009

Sorry folks I am on vacation

What are some pre-vacation rituals you do before your vacation?
Do you find yourself in vacation mode and suddenly become more unproductive then normal? Do you stare at your work clock counting the minute until you get to fly the coop? Do you wonder what time you are going to fit in a pedicure? Do you buy a new beach tote for no reason other then it is so darn cute? While discussing inventory numbers does your mind shift to whether or not you packed your son's vitamins? I think I suffer if you answer "yes" to many of these questions then like me, you suffer from vacationitis. I am suffering so bad my brain has checked out yesterday about 4:00. The crazy part is I have so much I need to accomplish, including finishing-up projects here at work. Cooking for a cook-out tomorrow following my son's dance recital. All of that is taking a backseat to having my bushy eyebrows waxed and a nice pedicure! I found a cure for vacationitis...it is called a boat drink and a lounge chair on the ocean.
Besides packing what are some of your rituals?
I am loading my XM player with some of my favorite songs.
Listening to Radio Margaritaville except when they try to sneak some country music in on me.. you can't fool me..Kenny C is not island music XM!!
Obviously getting my toes done
Buying a new pair of flip flops
Stock-up on all my trash magazines so I can find out the truth on Jon &Kate from Us weekly..ha ha.
Inevitably I will forget something, typically it is items such as undergarments (guilty TWICE), razor or deodorant. So basically I am the hairy sleazy girl who stinks...how sexy is that? Let me know if you ever want me to join you on a trip!


You know what the only thing better then vacation? Planning your next vacation?

Unfortunately my next post will be about beach depression and how fat I am...How depressing!

Be back the 27th my dear friends!

1 comment:

dawn said...

Lucky for you, no undergarments are needed on the beach!